CHARLOTTE, NC – The 24th annual Circle K Speed Street presented by Coca-Cola is May 24-26 in uptown Charlotte. The event hours are noon to 8 p.m. on all three days. Event organizers expect 300,000 spectators during the 3-day event. The uptown street closures will begin Wednesday, May 23 at 9:30 a.m. and all roads will re-open Sunday, May 27 at 6 a.m.
- Everything a young child dreams of in a play area and more is set up on Levine Avenue at the Circle K Kids’ Zone. Bounce houses, games, slides, rock climbing and more activities to keep the youngsters happy
- Appearing on the Mello Yello stage at 7 p.m. will be Howard Hewett, best known for “Second Time Around,” “A Night to Remember,” “For the Lover in You,” and “You Can Count On Me.”
- Thanks to Circle K, teachers and students will steal the spotlight Thursday night. After hundreds of entries, one high school teacher will win a new 2018 Toyota Camry. Don’t miss the three finalists – Jeff Bronstad from Ardrey Kell High School, Laura Ruble from the E-Learning Academy and Gerald Statome from East Mecklenburg High School – take the Coca-Cola stage spotlight at 8 p.m. to determine the winner. The two remaining finalists will receive free Circle K gas for a year. In addition, Circle K will reward 30 local students with $1,000 scholarships.
- Performing on the Coca-Cola stage in Romare Bearden Park at 8:45 p.m. will be one of Nashville’s most genre-bending bands, Judah & the Lion. Charlotte-based bands, Reaves and Jaggermouth, will open for the trio starting at 6:30 p.m. Advance tickets are only $25 and $35 the day of the show.
- The Autograph Zone will feature two autograph sessions on Thursday. From 1-2 p.m., Ernie Irvan, Jared Irvan, Cole Custer and seven others will be available followed by Noah Gragson and Carson Ramsey from 6-7 p.m.
- Put yourself to the test in the Tire Change Challenge in the Autograph Zone. Fans get to participate in qualifying rounds on May 24 and 25 to be one of the top-five fans to compete against a couple of NASCAR’s top crewmen on May 25 at 7 p.m.
- Classroom Central, a local nonprofit that equips students living in poverty to effectively learn by collecting and distributing free school supplies, will be collecting supplies in its newly-unveiled ClassVROOM Central mobile free store truck.
- Stop by the Circle K “Take It Easy Tailgate” located on the Wells Fargo plaza to play a round of cornhole or other tailgating style games, enjoy conversation with your friends while charging your mobile device or dance along to the sounds of country music!
- Daniel Suarez, a member of the Coca-Coca Racing Family will appear on the Mello Yello stage from 6-7 p.m. for a question-and-answer session with fans.
- Starting at 7 p.m., the Mello Yello stage will serve as a time machine for high-octane 90s music performed by Gump Fiction.
- Easton Corbin will take the Coca-Cola stage by storm Friday, May 25 starting at 8 p.m. delivering some of his signature hits. Shortly after, country music singer and former NASCAR pit crew member Chase Rice will take the stage. Georgia native and singer-songwriter, Travis Denning will open for the country music stars starting at 6:30 p.m. Advance tickets are only $25 and $35 the day of the show.
- With more than 20 drivers lined up for Friday’s sessions at the Autograph Zone, be sure to swing by between 1 – 7 p.m. to see Ryan Truex, Jeremy Clements, Daniel Hemric, Jerry Nadeau, Gray Gaulding and many others. For schedule details, visit www.600festival.com/speed-street-schedule/
Saturday, May 26 is a day to not miss at Circle K Speed Street presented by Coca-Cola. The 24th annual festival is pulling out all the stops to make the final day unforgettable. Join us for access to racing’s brightest stars, musical entertainment, a variety of food and beverage vendors, a kids’ zone, and interactive displays from sponsors including Circle K, Coca-Cola and more.
- Saturday from noon to 1 p.m. will be Mascot Mania on the Wells Fargo plaza near the Circle K display. Children can meet Homer, Champ, the KoolAid man and Chubby while playing tailgate games and posing for photos.
- From 1-2 p.m., join Leading on Opportunity to kick start its “Pre-K Paves the Way” campaign, an initiative to help the community understand that when children have access to pre-k they are more likely to have the skills to succeed in school. And, that is what holds the promise to change a child’s life. Commissioner Trevor Fuller and Leading on Opportunity representative Ray McKinnon will be on site to announce the campaign
- Sweeten your day at the HARIBO booth with free gummies, and of course a picture with the delightful HARIBO bear.
- More than nine drivers including Harrison Burton, Caleb Gafrarar and Kyle Campbell will participate in autograph sessions at the Autograph Zone on Saturday between 1-4 p.m. For schedule details, visit 600festival.com/speed-street-schedule/.
- The Monster Energy BMX Team will showcase its bag of tricks including backflips and tail whips at 3 p.m., 5 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- Playing and supporting the North Carolina Education Lottery creates a world of winning possibilities for the entire state. Visit the North Carolina Education Lottery booth located near the corner of Tryon Street and Third Street to play the Buy, Spin and Win promotion.
- At 7 p.m. on the Mello Yello stage, Chairmen of the Board will perform some of their unforgettable songs like “Give Me Just a Little More Time” and “Carolina Girls.”
- Two drivers from the Coca-Cola Racing Family, Denny Hamlin and Austin Dillon, will appear on the Coca-Cola stage at 7:15 p.m. for a question-and-answer session.
- The 2018 ACM New Male Vocalist of the Year Brett Young will capture the hearts of guests starting at 8 p.m. followed by 32-year-old country star, Dustin Lynch. The Tennessee native has been on a steady path toward superstardom with five consecutive No. 1s, three top-5 albums, and platinum-level certifications. Advance tickets are only $25 and $35 the day of the show. Rising star, Lindsay Ell, will open for the stars staring at 6:30 p.m. performing songs from her debut album, “The Project.”
An event map is shown below. For more information, please visit www.600festival.com.