Here’s some of the overnight roadwork scheduled throughout the Charlotte area this week. Remember, all work is weather permitting. Overnight roadwork usually begins around 9pm and goes through 5am on weekdays. On weekends it usually begins at 9pm and wraps up around 8am.
- The ramp from I-77 NB to I-485 Inner exit 1 in south Charlotte will be closed nightly for bridge work. Take the 485 Outer ramp to South Blvd exit 65 to gain access to the inner loop as an alternate.
- Paving operations will block lanes on I-77 SB btwn Tyvola Rd exit 5 & Nations Ford Rd exit 4. Use South Blvd or S Tryon St as an alt.
- Bridge repair will block lanes on I-77 NB btwn the state line and Nations Ford Rd exit 4. Use South Blvd or S Tryon St as alternates.
- The ramp from Brookshire Frwy WB to I-77 exit 5 will be closed nightly. Use the John Belk Frwy as an alternate.
- Paving operations continue on I-85 in both directions in Gaston County between Bessemer City & Lowell. Use US74 as an alternate.
- The I-77 toll lane project will cause overnight lane closures between uptown Charlotte and Mooresville. Use NC115 or US21 as an alternate.
- The I-85 widening project will cause lane closures between Concord/Kannapolis and China Grove nightly. Use US29 as an alternate.